Thursday, December 6, 2012

#5 Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark

#5 Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
pinned from www.mamasaywhat.com

mmm...mmmm...mmmm..... Do I love "bark"!  This one contained all my favorite elements: chocolate, pretzels, and caramel.  I have never attempted any type or caramel so I was a little weary, but with so few ingredients I thought I couldn't go wrong.  And I have to admit, it was yummy!
I followed the directions to a T:
-foil lined cookie sheet (mama's blog suggested a jelly roll pan... what's that?)
- preheat oven to
- a layer of pretzels

-combine brown sugar and butter over medium hear to make caramel, stir til thick and gooy (takes more than a few minutes).

yummy, bubbly caramel
-pour on top, and throw in oven for 5 mins.
-put chocolate chips on top , they will begin to melt, mama suggests putting it back in the oven for a couple minutes to melt the chips.  I'd say 30 seconds because and this point I think the caramel got a little too "cooked".  It didn't taste bad, but it was almost starting to evaporate. Smear the chocolate around.
- sprinkle sea salt on top
-put in freezer for a couple hours.

-break into pieces.
It was yummy and just like Mama's blog says it melts in room temp, which is kinda a bummer, but oh well! 

The only thing I had to buy was the chocolate chips (I picked semi sweet, because that's my favorite!) so it was a inexpensive dessert.

1 comment: